I may have taken Julia Child’s words a bit too much to heart yesterday when I decided to skip my workout and give in to my craving for Chinese Takeout. Hmmm
After gorging on a take-out feast of:
- Shrimp Lo-Mein
- Beef Fried Rice
- Spicy Orange Beef
- Lemon Chicken
- Wor Won Ton Soup
- Crispy Won Ton Strips & Fortune Cookies
I went to bed full of culinary regret and with a stomach that was upset and bloated from all of the salt, sugar and starchy carbs. If it had tasted anything like I’d been envisioning I would have felt a little less guilty. Instead I was faced with the need to immediately get to work erasing the damage one bad dinner choice had caused to my digestive system and self-esteem.
Venturing an educated guess, between the sugary sauces and dense carbs with an excessive amount of soy sauce, I imagine I ingested about 1500 highly unsatisfying calories at dinner last night. GROSS!
Sadly, to erase that mistake completely, it would take:
- 3 Hours of Aerobics @ 480 Calories per hour = 1440 Calories burned
- 2 1/2 Hours of Bicycling at more than 10 MPH = 1475 Calories burned
- 4 1/2 Hours Dancing @330 Calories per hour = 1485 Calories burned
- 3 1/2 Hours of Heavy Yard Work @440 Calories per hour = 1540 Calories burned
- 2 1/2 Hours on the Treadmill @5MPH = 1475 Calories Burned
- 4 1/2 Hours Cleaning the House and Mopping Floors = 1485 Calories burned
Ug! I don’t have the stamina to do any of those vigorous activities for the length of time it would take to completely work off dinner, but maybe I should try to force myself to learn a lesson. LIKE THAT WOULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN!
So maybe I’ll try this instead:
- I’ll spend an hour straightening up the house to burn off about 330 Calories;
- Do an hour of penance on the treadmill at 3.5 MPH which will burn off 280 Calories;
- Power through a 20 minute Kettlebell circuit which should burn off another 200 Calories or so; and
- Finish with a 20 minute TRX session which could easily burn another 300 Calories
It only ends up burning about 1100 Calories, but will set my metabolism on fire and go a long way to purging the excess salt that’s making me feel so crappy.
In the end the cheat was so not worth it. Something I will definitely have to spend some time thinking about with a glass of wine after I get done with my workout. LMAO
Are you on Facebook? If you are interested in blog follow ups, things that make me wonder, laugh or scream in frustration, join the more than 2,200 people who find me engaging or amusing: https://www.facebook.com/extremeblondemoments