Last week’s post of the most asinine moves made in Washington, D.C., or in the case of Donald Trump, New York City, was so popular that I decided to make it a weekly thing. It appears there will be plenty of material for the foreseeable future, so here goes….
- The week started with Donald Trump aiming his petty vengeance at an 89 year old man! Charles Brotman has announced every Inaugural Parade back to Dwight D. Eisenhower’s in 1957, but found out VIA EMAIL that, after 60 years, his services were no longer needed. Brotman told CNN’s Carol Costello, that he was heartbroken and detroyed, “I felt like Muhammad Ali had hit me in the stomach.” He’ll be replaced by a local freelancer who volunteered for the Trump Campaign.
- Last week Trump told all Ambassadors and Envoys worldwide to vacate their posts by January 20th, now he has demanded the resignation of the two heads of the National Nuclear Security Administration as of Jan. 20, with no nominees waiting in the wings to replace them. Yeah that’s brilliant!
- There are 3,000 to 4,000 positions that need to be filled to keep the government agencies and departments running. Most jobs are filled by career civil servants and Trump is so eager to, “Drain the Swamp” that he is leaving agencies unable to perform their tasks because there will be no leaders to hand down the new administration’s marching orders.
- The Tuesday BOMBSHELL that last week Trump, Obama and the Senate’s “Gang of Eight” were given a classified forewarning, by the intelligence community (in the same report as the Russian Hacking of the election), that highly compromising and personal intelligence information concerning the depth of Trump’s relationship with Russia and much more, was being circulated, and had been since last summer. FBI chief Comey was aware of this information, but chose not to comment, confirm knowledge of, nor investigate Trump for it before the election. Seriously questionable considering Comey so infamously sabotaged Hillary Clinton a week before the election. Not only did he speak out of place, but he went rogue by issuing a letter, contrary to DOJ protocol, to Congress (which was then leaked to the public) with more unfounded email accusations against Clinton, which most certainly cost her electoral votes and ultimately the Presidency.
- 7 days before the Inauguration, Donald Trump has still not provided his Tax Returns. He personally owes roughly three-quarters of a billion dollars to foreign banks! He has not provided a solidified and comprehensive plan for separating his ownership and management of his vast business empire from his responsibilities as President of the United States. An attorney spoke of putting his holdings in a trust, one he will receive updates on, but it fails all five tests laid out by the ethics committee as they pertain to opportunities for undue influence or favoritism of foreign dignitaries or countries who, for instance, make allowances for properties of his in their countries, or who spend their money at his hotels, resorts, companies, etc.
- No sooner had the head of the ethics oversight watchdog issued a response to Trump’s lack of separation from his businesses than Representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah, the Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee, posted a Tweet threatening an investigation into the Office of Government Ethics. “His memo asked that the director present himself for an interview with the committee by the end of January. Richard W. Painter, an ethics lawyer who served in President George W. Bush’s administration, said Chaffetz appears to be punishing Shaub for the criticisms of the president-elect. “They are strong-arming them. They are obviously very upset the Office of Government Ethics is leaning on Trump and not willing to jam through his nominees. It is political retaliation.””
- In response to the allegations of Trump’s collusion with the Russian’s leading up to and following the election, mounting outcry over the appearance of election interference and possibly multiple Logan Act violations by Team Trump, and what role FBI Director James Comey played in interference with the outcome of the election, Justice Dept. Inspector General launches review of FBI and DOJ actions ahead of 2016 presidential election.
- This one may be my favorite bit of #TeamTrumpIdiocy this week. Trump team to remove commander of D.C.’s National Guard in middle of inauguration The Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and has an integral part in overseeing the inauguration said Friday that he will be removed from command effective at 12:01 p.m. Jan. 20, just as Trump is sworn in as president. That means that, in the middle of the Inaugural Ceremony, before the rest of the Inaugural festivities begin, security for which he spent months helping plan, the commander of thousands of troops on the ground, plus 5,000 unarmed troops dispatched from across the country, in addition to all military air support protecting Washington, D.C., during the inauguration, will be required to leave his command. Yeah, that makes me feel secure. #WTFTrump
The list has many more items but I’m already pushing 900 words and there will be plenty more to digest next week, I’m sure. HMMM
Do you use Facebook? If you’re interested in the occasional product that intrigues me or something I’ve bought that’s a waste of time or money, things that make me wonder, piss me off, tickle my fancy, scream like a maniac, giggle, or yell in frustration, you can receive an email each time I’ve got something new to ponder or you can join the nearly 2,900 people who find me engaging or amusing at the Facebook page dedicated to this blog: https://www.facebook.com/extremeblondemoments