I’m always on the lookout for technology I can run from my iPhone or iPad that will make my life easier, safer or more fun. The apps listed below will help me free up space on my devices, help me find my way to safety if I’m lost without a signal or in an area unmapped by traditional navigation apps, capture an entire website in one screen shot, and will help me get back into 5K form in just 7 weeks. The bonus is that, for a limited time, the apps are Free! Hmmm
Free Up Space – Normally $4.99 It recovers wasted space on your iOS device by:
- Finding duplicate photos: If you take a lot of photos/selfies you should use this feature often. This helps you find duplicate photos of all levels ranging from least similar to exact duplicates.
- Resizing Photos: You can save a lot of space by resizing large photos. Quality is maintained while reducing the size.
- Compress Photos & Videos: You can save storage space by compressing large photos & videos. Once you’ve compressed them, you can easily share them with your friends via attachments, messaging apps etc.
SwiParty – Normally $1.99
- Easy-to-use music map. Swipe to stream your personal party playlist!
- SwiWorkout classifies and recommends workout music for you.
Fast tempo on the right, slow ones on the left; New on top, old on bottom.
SwiWorkout gives you a playlist immediately!
You can suggest/add workout music you love by contacting Swibeat directly: http://www.swibeat.com/Contact.p
Run 5K Pro – Normally $1.99 Train to run a 5K in 7 Weeks!
EASY TRAINING PLAN
- 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week – and you’ll be able to run 5K in 7 weeks;
- Effective training plan from professional coaches;
- Use outdoors and on a treadmill;
- Audio cues during all workouts to keep you focused;
- GPS maps saved for each training session;
- Apple Watch support.
NEVER GET BORED
- Gradual increase of workout intensity for best result;
- Inspirational quotes keep you motivated while running;
- Motivational tips on running with each training session;
- Listening and managing your favorite music from the app;
- Sharing results with Facebook & Twitter friends.
MUSIC TIMED TO YOUR WORKOUT
- Unlimited access to the best running music right from the app;
- Music tempo adjusts to your workout rhythm – music plays faster as you run faster;
- New mixes from talented DJs are available every day;
- All genres – from Classical and Oldies to Rock, Hip-hop and R&B;
- Convenient search and suggestions to find perfect mixes.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
- Calorie counting;
- Detailed statistics: pace, distance, time and other parameters;
- Synchronization of your stats & logs with an upgrade from the free version;
- Synchronization with Apple Health app;
- Integration with Runkeeper, Fitbit, MapMyRun.
WebpageShot – Normally $4.99
- A simple tool to convert a webpage into an image.
- It captures the whole web page not just what you see on the screen.
- It also provides a screenshot extension for Safari on iOS 8.
iArrow – Normally $1.99 iArrow provides navigation where there are no roads. The app will lead you back to your car, campsite or hotel and help you reach the nearest settlement if you get lost. This app features a built-in database of 2,000,000 localities around the world and does not require internet or cellular connection.
Unlike navigation systems that show a blank map, iArrow instantly launches and very clearly indicates the direction and distance to the destination. The app consumes little energy and saves battery power.
Great for travelers, fishermen, hunters, extreme or off track athletes and anyone who works in remote locations. You can save the coordinates of key points along your route to your clipboard to share via SMS, Email, Twitter, Airdrop, etc..
- User Guide
- You do not need an Internet connection *
- 2,000,000 settlements in the database
- Built-in online map
- Ability to search for objects by address
- Automatic detection of the address of the current position
- Indication of GPS accuracy
- Determination of direction using magnetic compass
- Determination of direction using GPS coordinates
- Radar mode that displays Favorites, History and settlements
- Displays full information about position, speed, altitude, etc.
- Lock screen
- Metric and Imperial Units
- Low energy usage
- Support for iOS8 and iPhone 5/5s/6/6+
WORKING WITH COORDINATES
- Support for the latitude/longitude, UTM and MGRS coordinate formats
- Support latitude and longitude as decimal degrees, degrees/minutes/seconds etc.
- Easy input of coordinates – special keyboards for each format
- Setting destination using azimuth and distance
- Convert GPS coordinates between degrees formats, UTM and MGRS on the fly
- Viewing coordinates on an online map
- Sending and receiving coordinates via SMS
- Import and export coordinates via SMS, Email, and Airdrop
- Import and export list of coordinates
- Import and export links to Google, Apple, Yandex, and OSM maps
- Import coordinates from the clipboard
- Automatic determination of format of imported coordinates
- Easily add, delete, or edit coordinates
- Automatically save the coordinates in History
- Search in Favorites and History
- Sorting Favorites/History by new and nearest points
- List of nearby settlements
I am not anxious to need the iArrow app, but I am going to load it in the off chance I ever get lost and need to find my way out of the wilderness. You can find all of these in your App Store.
Are you on Facebook? If you are interested in blog follow ups, free or discounted stuff I find, things that make me wonder, laugh or scream in frustration, join the more than 2,500 people who find me engaging or amusing at the page dedicated to this blog: https://www.facebook.com/extremeblondemoments