In case you didn’t catch the recent article in Men’s Fitness Magazine, there are some very specific things that can turn a date with great possibilities into a chaste kiss at the door and an abrupt, “I’ll call you,” in no time flat. Hmmm
According to more than 500 real women polled, and a few other resources I found, these are the least attractive traits women find in the men they date:
- Cocky: Acting Entitled and better than others
- Bad Breath!
- Being a Douche: Trying to upstage anyone and everyone
- Conceited: Me, Me, Me behavior, conversation and interests
- Chauvinistic: Puts women down to make him feel better about himself, or feels one woman isn’t enough
- Lack of Communication: Always making plans at the last minute
- Complaining about anything and everything. Nothing is ever good enough for this blowhard who makes no effort to change what he’s complaining about or ask that it be made right
- Lazy: Only makes the minimum effort to get by, no drive, no passion, no goals; leaves making of all plans up to you
- Lack of Confidence or Insecurity: “Woe is Me” and “I’m not good enough” are definite turn offs as are controlling and jealous behavior intended to divert your attention from anyone else
- Braggart: I obviously thought you were pretty great when I agreed to date you, I don’t need or want to hear how great you are FROM YOU
- Aggressive Physical Behavior: Acting like you own me is a total turn off. I don’t need to be pawed at in public just so you can prove your manliness to other men or show “She’s with me!”
- Obsessed with Money
- Irresponsible with his money (always crying poor) or Cheap
- Poor Personal Hygiene
- Undependable/Careless: Blows off dates, doesn’t return calls, depends on texts as main form of communication
- Acting like you are his Therapist: Enough with the talk about your ex!
- Rude: Burping and Farting in Public as if he’s with the guys, Dismissive, Quick to Anger, Uses Racial/Sexual/Inappropriate Language, etc.
- Sloppy in Appearance, His Home or Car
Not only are the majority of these traits deal breakers, I think the existence of even a few should set off red lights and warning bells. If these are the kind of men you are consistently attracted to or attracting, you might want to take a step back and examine what is drawing you toward these uncouth, unacceptable men. Hmmm
If you are on Facebook and are interested in the things I may not devote an entire blog post to, but that make me wonder, funny quips, photos and other silly things, I have a page followed by more than 1,900 people who find me mildly amusing: https://www.facebook.com/extremeblondemoments